I am located in Wellington, New Zealand. I am a Licentiate member of the Photographic Society of New Zealand (LPSNZ) and a member of the Wellington Photographic Society.
The images on this site are a broad representation of my day to day personal photography including travel, sport, music, public events, landscapes, streetscapes and anything else that takes my interest.
My archive presently contains around 300,000 images of which about 30,000 are hosted here, including a new image posted to my Photo Blog on most days. In a typical month, visitors make up to 100,000 image views, occasionally more.
Photography is a hobby. I shoot what interests me, purely for my own enjoyment, not as my job. However, in response to requests I will sometimes sell prints or licenses to use some of the images on this site if I have the right to do so.
Feedback, questions and enquiries are welcome by clicking the e-mail icon in the menu bar or using the Leave a Message! panel below.
Micro four thirds camera system:
- - Olympus OM-D E-M1, OM-D E-M1 MkII and OM-D E-M5 Mk II camera bodies
- - Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO ultra wide zoom
- - Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO wide/medium zoom
- - Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO telephoto zoom
- - Olympus M.Zuiko Digital MC-14 1.4x teleconverter
- - Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 macro prime
- - Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm f/1.8 telephoto prime
- - SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-1 633x and Lexar Professional UHS-2 1000x 32GB SDHC memory cards
- - Tamrac 'Rally 7' shoulder camera bag
Point and shoot 'grab shot' camera:
- - Sony RX-100
- - SanDisk Extreme Plus Class 10 16GB SDHC memory cards
Other on-location equipment:
- - Kata Shootout and Tamrac Expedition 7 camera backpacks
- - Manfrotto 679B monopod
- - Manfrotto 055DB tripod and 029 head
- - Lightsphere II PJ flash diffuser
- - Singh-Ray Vari-ND circular, variable (up to 8 stops), neutral density filter
- - MacBook Pro ("early 2015"), 2.9GHz, 16GB, 13.3" display, 1TB SSD, macOS 10.14.5 (on-site storage)
- - Mac Pro ("late 2013"), 3.5GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5, 16GB, 1TB SSD, macOS 10.14.5
- - BenQ SW271 27" 4K display
- - Promise Pegasus2 R4 disk enclosure with 4 x 4TB Seagate disk drives
- - Seagate Backup Plus 4.0TB disk drives (2x, off-line file backup)
- - Adobe Lightroom v6.12 (image management and raw conversion)
- - Capture One Pro 12.1 (raw conversion and image enhancement)
- - Skylum Intensify CK, Tonality CK, Noiseless CK and Snapheal CK (image enhancement)
- - Canon Pro9000 A3+ photo printer
- - Logan 301-S matt cutter
I welcome your comments below. However if you prefer to send an e-mail, please click the e-mail icon in the menu bar.
Ross Collinson July 9, 2018
Thanks Julian. I agree completely - it's an abomination. But before the building has even been put into service, the Airways Corporation has said its intention is that all New Zealand aircraft movements will be controlled from one central point, as there is no longer any need for aircraft controllers to be able to see any airport. So the thing is redundant before it is even completed!
Julian Wardon July 9, 2018
Nice picture of the new control tower. I do wonder why a utility building has to lean.
Ross Collinson January 23, 2017
Wayne Symondson January 23, 2017
I love your photos.
Ross Collinson April 4, 2016
Thanks, Spooky - be my guest!
Oops, I mean comments on the About page
New Smugmug user just exploring other's sites. Beautiful job! (I may steal a couple ideas..I like your Tools list and comments on the contact page.)
Ross Collinson March 6, 2014
photohoundson March 6, 2014
Hi there Ross,
Enjoy your work - photohounds.
Ross Collinson August 21, 2013
I'm pleased to report I have now migrated my previous guestbook and visitor comments across from my "legacy'"SmugMug site to this site built with "new" SmugMug!